deck

deck

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Today I don't want to do this

I don't want to be at work today.  There is too much to do at the church to get ready to be gone.  Narrative budget, pledge letter, worship services for three Sundays, find an extra sermon in my back pocket, and then some.  Too much.  Plus this Sunday is the 10 commandments (groan).  Not my favorite for crafting some sermonic inspiration.

I want a day off.  A real day off.  Not the day when I go see the cancer Dr or the surgeon and then try to go out to lunch and pretend everything is hunkey dorey and we are all having a good time.

I want a day off where I don't do work at church.  I want a day off where I am not working at home to prepare for my impending lack of a foot.  I want a day off that is just a day off with no extra crap thrown in.

And I know I should take this day.  But I don't have time.  There is too much to get done at church.  And yes, I hear you saying just let it go, but you are not a solo pastor looking down the road and not known when if ever you will be back to normal.  There are only two weeks until my surgery.  And already the work schedule is tight because there are trips into town to get ready and see the surgeon and visit the psychologist.

So there is no day off.  Just a pile of work and things that need to get done and inspiration to be found and ugh, its too much.

Today I don't want to do this.

Ok - enough bitching.  Time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment