deck

deck

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Going Home

Tomorrow we are going home.  Kids and I are more than ready to be back in our house.  My parents have been super generous but everyone gets tired of long term house guests.

My mobility is going well.  Facebook reminded me that last year I was 3 weeks non weight bearing in a cast and then 4 weeks partial weight bearing in a boot.  That was a long time!

This time around I am already partial weight bearing right after surgery.  That makes things so much easier.

The doctor said I could bear weight on my foot when I could withstand the pain.  A few days ago I gave myself the green light for all sorts of funny boot walking.  "I got this!" I said, and took off with my cane.  I foolishly thought I would feel pain telling me to stop while I was in the process of testing those limits.  Boy was I wrong!  That night I was dying with pain.  Won't know I've done too much until its too late.  Soft boundaries are harder to manage then firm ones.

So going home.  I'll scoot on the main floor and crutch upstairs and do my little silly boot step as long as I can manage the pain.  I'll cook simple meals and kids will help keep the house clean enough and let the dog in and out.  I don't want to push too hard but the sooner we get back to normal the better.  For all of us.

Thanks so much for all the love and support.  Next week I am back to the doctor and will finally get a look under the mysterious black boot.  What do you think . . . more stitches then last time or less?  Last year I had 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment